Last Friday, the Maritime-Marine Cluster of Andalusia (CMMA) presented in Almería the IV PROA Awards, recognizing the contributions of institutions, companies, entities, and individuals in the promotion, development, growth, and understanding of the Blue Economy in Andalusia, as well as humanitarian, research, technological, cultural, innovative, and sustainable efforts in the maritime-marine sphere of our community. Entities with a significant international role are also awarded, and this edition included the introduction of a special honor. Frizonia was one of the nine entities to receive such recognition in this latest edition.
The jury of the PROA Awards has recognized excellence and innovation in Frizonia as key factors for business competitiveness in the maritime-marine sector of Andalusia. Proof of this is the award received by the company’s president, Javier Gamundi, on behalf of the company. Gamundi expressed his gratitude for this distinction, which comes in the year of the company’s 30th anniversary. It’s an exceptional conclusion to the celebrations and demonstrations of support that the company has received throughout the year.
The award ceremony for the 2023 PROA Awards was attended by the President of CMMA, Javier Noriega, the Mayor of the city, María del Mar Vázquez Agüero, the Minister of Sustainability, Environment, and Blue Economy of the Andalusian Regional Government, Ramón Fernández-Pacheco Monterreal, the Secretary-General of Sustainability, Environment, and Blue Economy, Mar Plaza Yélamos, the Secretary-General of Research and Innovation of the Ministry of University, Research, and Innovation of the Andalusian Regional Government, Antonio Miguel Posadas Chinchilla, the Regional Government Delegate in Almería, Aránzazu Martín Moya.
Also in attendance were the Rector of UAL, José Céspedes Lorente, the Chief of Staff of the Legion Brigade, Lieutenant Colonel Enrique Jesús Moreno Esteban, the Provincial Commissioner of Almería, Gumersindo Villa Martínez, and the President of the Chamber of Commerce, Jerónimo Parra. Additionally, there were regional parliamentarians, territorial delegates from the Andalusian Regional Government, provincial deputies, and councilors, among other dignitaries. A high-profile gathering for this latest edition of the PROA Awards.
Full list of winners of the PROA Awards 2023.
- Entrepreneurship Award: Incubazul
- Blue Knowledge Award: Solar Thermal Applications Unit of the Almeria Solar Platform
- Sustainability, Environment and Nature Award: Aula del Mar Mediterráneo Foundation
- Maritime-Marine Excellence Award: Frizonia
- Blue Horizon Award: Inmaculada Carrasco Casado, technical advisor to the Andalusian Association of Women in the Fishing Sector (AndMuPes) and the Motril Fishermen’s Guild, as well as manager of the Association of Motril Fishing Producers Organisation (OPP85).
- Award for Social Responsibility: Andalusian Naval Headquarters
- Impulsa Territorio Award: Huelva Port Authority
- International Award: Ocean Forum.
- Special Award: Andalusia’s Sustainable Blue Economy Strategy (EA2)